Thursday, June 20, 2013

Utah, Here I Come!

Alriiiiiiiiiiiighty my friends, I am being set apart in 1 1/2 hours to be a MISSIONARY for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!!

I am so excited!!!! and I am also feeling kinda nervous...but I hear that is normal?? hehe 

Then tomorrow, my mom, dad and I leave at 6:40 AM to fly to Salt Lake City :) oooo yeah..not a huge fan of the flight time though...

We will be spending time with my two sisters' families who live out there ;) I can't wait because I haven't seen them in years!! And I am very grateful for their hospitality :)

Then, it's off to the MTC for me! Yay!

...........................................................................................................................................................

So...Here is how my blog is going to work out for my mission:  My lovely sisters, Brandi and Jaime, will be posting updates each week for me.  (Thank you two so SO MUCH for doing this for me btw) :) 
And so by me keeping this mission blog, I can keep an online journal of what experiences I have had over my mission for when I come home to look back and cherish.  I also, wish to share my experiences with all of you :)

 So to end my last blog post before I enter the MTC, I just would love to share my testimony of this glorious gospel.  It's amazing the path I have taken to get to where I am now and I know, I could not have done it without the Lord's help. I don't know why the Lord has called me to serve in Provo or to speak Spanish, but I am going to try and work my hardest and lose myself in the work for Him because He has called me to His work.  I have truly grown so much in the gospel these past several months.  I have a strong testimony that my Savior loves me and knows how to help me become closer to my Heavenly Father.  I know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and that it did happen and that by applying it in our lives we can become clean and pure.  I know that the gospel brings peace and happiness to all of those who embrace into their lives.  I know Heavenly Father answers prayers because He has answered mine many times.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that by studying and pondering its teachings we can become more like our Savior.  I am so thankful for the gospel and how much it has blessed my life, and continues to bless my life.  I can't wait to embark on this amazing journey and to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  The gospel is true, and I cannot wait to share this wonderful message with others. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Para siempre Dios esté con vos!
Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment