Thursday, August 15, 2013

Out in Provo!

Hey everyone! I has officially been one week and a day in the field!! :)
Woot Woot!

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week! 

Last Monday/Tuesday Morning my district said our goodbyes to our awesome MTC teachers, Hno. Roden and Hna. Taggart! I am going to miss them a bunch because they taught me SO MANY amazing things that I will make an impact on how I serve my mission. Thanks you two!



After our last class at the MTC on Tuesday, we packed up our bags and traveled the long hours and plane flights and bus rides and camel rides...ALL the way...to the Mission home in Provo!!! (hehehe) and met President and Sister McCune! They are so wonderful and so nice! We had an dinner and then an orientation and a devotional. I learned some really neat things! That we are now "facebook" and "blog" and "mormon.org" missionaries (as some of you have seen already!)  It's really neat how fast the work is moving forward! Eek! We are teaching someone this Saturday via FB and I am super pumped!

After our time at the Mission home, Hermana Sablan and I spent our last night as a companionship...sad day...But we had a fun last night!  We stayed with some members from the area :) They were super nice!

The next morning we all had breakfast at the stake center, where we had orientation and then a devotional from our President :) I learned that we need to leave our nets and follow the Savior and feed His sheep. (John 21:1-17)  The Lord needs all of us to go serve and teach our brothers and sisters and help them come unto the Lord.  We have to forget ourselves and go to work! :) 


After this, we met our TRAINERS!! :) Yay! My companion/trainer is Hermana Cordova! :) She is from California, really close to Disney Land. She is super nice and sweet! And SHE KNOWS ESPANOL! Haha :) So I can learn how to talk and understand the people we teach! We are in the Provo Slate Canyon area! Right at the bottom of the mountains! So pretty :)

My first week has been fun but hard...because I can BARELY understand anything my investigators and less actives are saying....jaja Which is, ya know, kind of difficult to teach....lol  But ALL IS WELL! :) I am learning slowly, but SURELY! :)

We have AMAZING people who we are teaching! I love it! They are all so sweet and we have a few who are really progressing really well.

We have gone tracking! Which it is quite funny running into members every couple doors that we knock..haha.  One door we knocked, a man answered and we asked him if he had ever met or heard of the missionaries before and he said "oh well...I was one for two years.." Haha. Yep. Members are EVERYWHERE! So great! :)  They help a ton in the work out here!


Another great thing that we do in this area and take shifts at the Provo City Center Temple booth! :) We are there for a couple hours a couple times a week.  We tell people what happened to the tabernacle and what it is being built into right now! We get to share this lovely message about Temples and the importance of them in our lives! :)  I love the Temple! And I love that we are so fortunate to be able to go two times a month! I AM SO EXCITED TO GO! :) I haven't been in a while because the Provo Temple has been closed for cleaning...so as you can tell I am pumped!

I love this gospel and I am so lucky and fortunate to be able to here and teach the great people of Provo, Utah.  I know that Heavenly Father has lifted me up and has prepared me for my mission.  I know that I can do the Lord's work with and ONLY with His help.  I can do nothing with out Him and without the spirit in my life.  As I have been striving to have the spirit with me and rely on Him and FORGET myself, I have seen many special things happen :) I know that my Redeemer lives and that His Atonement is real.  This is why I love Alma 7:11-13!  I know I mentioned this last week, but I just love it so much.  Christ died so that He could Atone for not only our sins, but ALSO for every little sorrow, emotion, pain, sickness, EVERYTHING, so that He would know to how to HELP US with ANYTHING we are going through.  He is there through it all.  TRUST and RELY on Him.  He loves you and wants you to come unto Him.

I have a wonderful testimony of these things because I have seen the work of my Savior in my life every single day.  If you try and look for how the Savior is working in your own lives, I can promise you that you will see in countless ways that He is blessing you.

Count your many blessings...name them one by one...  :)

I hope you all take care and have a wonderful day!

Thank you for all of your love and support!
Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment