Saturday, August 10, 2013

And it Ended with a Bang!

Wow! This week was fantastic! My last week en el CCM ended with a bang for sure!! :) Oooh yeah!

One of my last classes with one of my amazing teachers, Hermana Taggart, I learned that i have POWER in my calling! I am a representative of Jesus Christ! In our mission conference I learned that I need to think, act, and DO as the Savior would if he were in my shoes right now in Provo, Utah. This really made me think, I want to be able to see others the way Christ and Heavenly Father see them as well! This is so important, especially as a missionary but also as a member of the church. This is His church and His truth and I have a special calling to spread His word to the world. There was a sweet sister who sang a solo in our departing devotional entitled, "I Will Not Be Still" which a part of the chorus goes like this: "How can I keep this truth to myself, when I could lift somebody else". I LOVE THIS! I want to lift others through teaching them the light and love of the gospel and of Jesus Christ! Why wouldn't I want to share this amazing truth? EVERYONE deserves to know that God loves them and Christ sacrificed Himself to provide a way for us to not only live with Heavenly Father again, but to help us in the here and now! Go and read Alma 7:11-13! :) I love these scriptures! Christ knows how to help us and knows how to lift us up to higher heights! :) Go share this wonderful truth with those around you! Don't keep it to yourself! :) I know that you will be blessed by doing this! The spirit will guide you to know what to say. :) Sunday night, after all of the amazing devotionals throughout the day, we watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration :) I love this movie! After it was over I was just so pumped to go out and teach others about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and about the restored gospel!

The spirit is so so so strong here en el CCM! I am super sad to leave but so EXCITED to go into my field! I can't believe I leave tomorrow afternoon :) My mission president is actually coming to pick us up! hehe :) Our district sang the EFY medley in Spanish at our sacrament meeting :) and I forgot to mention that last week, I got to play my flute with Hermana Garces on the violin and Elder Craven playing the piano; we played "As I have Loved You". So much fun to play and sing such lovely spiritual music! My Spanish, I feel, is pretty good...this feeling might change once I actually go into my field...lol PERO, esta bien! All is well :)

Sale Vale everyone, I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week!
I love you all!!

Love,
Hermana Derges :)


The view from my classroom! It's the "Y"


Hermana Taggart!


Our zone singing "Para Siempre Dios este con vos" (God Be With You Til We Meet Again)


Hermana Sablan and I with MTC President and Sister Nally


Our lovely zone with the amazing Sister and Brother Price


Look who it is! Andrew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment