Monday, January 13, 2014

Personal Revelation is Real!

Hola friends and family :)

How was your week? Have you kept to all your new years resolutions so far??? I know it is tough, but stick with them!! :)

This week was not too eventful, but good nonetheless :)

Tree Huggers!!!

>My district all got to go to the Provo Temple of Tuesday because it finnnaaaaaalllllyyyy reopened!!! It felt like I haven't been in forrreeeeevvvveeeerr! :) I love the Spirit that I feel when I go! It is amazing to know that I am in the right place at the right time in my life :) I hope that you all take the opportunity to go to the temple as much as possible :) I feel very lucky to be able to go so often here on my mission, this is truly a tender mercy from the Lord. :)

My new friend Marley! :)

>After the temple we all had to hurry back to Payson for a surprise meeting with our just our district. We had nooooooooooooo idea what it was about so we were all freaking out lol thinking that we either did something wrong or something along those lines..haha But we found out that our district was 1 of 3 districts chosen in our mission to have a meeting about the iPad Area Book app. Tim Zeidner and two other guys came and it was super fun! We got to give imput on how the App will help us more in our work. We all had a blast and afterwards, we were all laughing because we thought we were in trouble haha :)

>Oh my goodness, I really messed up in spanish a ton this past week, well really just on saturday night at a LA/RC and I dinner....so there was a TON of spicy stuff and I said that if I tried some of that salsa "voy a matar!" (I am going to kill) but I really meant to say "voy a morir" (I am going to die)... oh goodness. BUT the best one yet is this next one...So we have a new convert and he is older and funny. He was the one who cooked all of the food. So I went up to him after and said "Usted es un gran cochinero" .....lol...I DIDN'T MEAN TO CALL HIM A PIG!!!...EVERYONE heard it!!! and of course laughed...lol I meant to say "cocinero" which means cook! and the bishop's daughter was there....so yesterday at church I shook obispo's hand and he told me he heard what I said!!! oh no!!! THE WORD IS OUT!....yeah, Spanish mess-ups are the stories of my life lol :)
>At DTM this week we had a really fun role play where we all were given different names. I had the name "Pistol Patricia" (because I love OSU and Pistol Pete) haha. Other names that were given were "Chesonda Lootz" for my comp. Hna Lutz (She's on the loose), "Ivonna Ysing" (I wanna sing), "Yora Weird" (You are weird), "Juan Direction" (One Direction-the band), and "Nathan Bunnet" (Nothing but net) It was super fun! We had one companionship come and contact us and teach a principle in about 2 minutes and ask for a referrel. After one person we pointed to the next. It was super fun! We all had different characteristics and interests that we got to act out as well :)


>At DTM as well this week, we had president interviews! I love our mission president!! He is amazing and he truly is directed by the Lord! :) He gave me really good advice and helped me feel that I really am a successful missionary, even though our area isn't blooming yet. I really felt that as long as I am doing by best, I am a successful missionary. I cannot control the agency of others. I learned that I am in the right place in my life right now. I am learning things here that would take me years to learn outside my mission. I am learning how to be a better wife, mother, friend and so much more :) I learned that the "best year and a half" will click sometime in my mission, not because it was an efy experience, but because of everything I have learned because of the opportunities I had to serve the Lord and the amazing people here in Utah. I am seeing this come true more and more each day. I am learning more about myself and how I can become better. I am learning that the key to happiness is to think about others and how to make their lives easier and to help their burdens become light. I have a long way to go with this, but I am so grateful for the opportunity to go out and serve others everyday! I can truly be the Lord's hands and help everyone around me :) I know that I am in the right place at the right time in my life.

What I love about everything that I learned in my interview and what I am learning everyday, is that we all can have the knowledge and testimony that we doing exactly what the Lord wants for us right now! We can know that we are truly submitting our will to Him and if we are on the right path :) We can gain this knowledge through pray and scripture study :) I know that about a year ago, I prayed and received my answer that I need to come out here on my mission. I found my answer in the scriptures and had a Spiritual confirmation from the Holy Ghost that a mission is what I need to be preparing for :) We can ALL have these types of experiences! :) We truly can receive answers to our problems and or questions :) We just need to be ready to act on whatever answer we receive :) I know this is true with all of my heart! Y digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen :)


I LOVE YOU ALL!!
I am so grateful for all of your love and support while I am out here :) I know I couldn't do it without with you and definitely without the Lord. :) Thank you for your love, I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment