Monday, January 27, 2014

Saratoga Springs Here I Come!

 :) Hey everyone! How was your week??
 
My New Panion! :)

>So yes, you might have seen that I was transferred to Saratoga Springs! :) I just went from one side of the mission to another! :) I am super super excited to be here!! I have an awesome new companion, Hermana Despain!!! I just love her! She is so sweet :) You want to know the funny thing though? haha I live 10 minutes from my sister Amy. I am literally one stake out of her area! We pass by her on the way from Provo all the time...lol crazy right? We cover 6 stakes here...that is a lot of people..lol...Oh and another thing!!! I am the driver! After 7 months of not driving, LOOK OUT Utah, here I come! Haha :) I drive a Toyota Corolla 2013..so I feel super lucky! I need to be very careful with it lol :) Plus one more thing! I get to go to Mt Timpanogos Temple now! :) I am super pumped to go! :)
 
 I love these signs :) haha

>With transfers being this past week, I am really going to miss Payson though, seriously I had to say so many goodbyes it almost killed me! Haha just kidding..that is too extreme...but! I love the people of Payson and it was really hard to say goodbye to all the people I love there! I will be back for the dedication of the Payson temple next year!! :)
 
 The Payson Temple!
 
 Kitty!!!

>So we have amazing landlords! The Rades family, He makes us food all of the time, everyday that I have been so far! He is so sweet! But unfortunately we are going to move in 3 weeks because they have family coming home to stay.
 
I love this tree!!! (In Payson)
 
>On Saturday, we checked on a former investigator to see if they were still living at the same address and to see if they would want to learn more again and we went to the house and a couple, Eva and Juan, just pulled up in the driveway and they were a different family that are not members of the church and a family that we had never met before and they invited us in!! :) We got to teach them the whole first lesson! and at the end, she prayed!! :) It was amazing!! :) I can't wait to share the message of the Plan of Salvation, because she told us that her parents passed away when she was younger..We are so so excited! :) so amazing! :) We were praying for more people to teach and Heavenly Father answered our prayer :) :)

 
 Only in Utah will you find two churches sharing a parking lot! lol (In Payson)

>It is amazing to see how miracles happen everywhere if we just have faith and believe :) and if we act on that faith. I learned something neat as we were teaching the Restoration this week. Joseph Smith didn't just have this amazing vision out of the blue, he was prepared for this moment in his life. He learned that he should pray and read the scriptures and go to church before the First Vision happened. He studied in the scriptures and found James 1:5 and then acted on that faith to receive answer to a question that he knew came only from God. and because he did, he received an amazing answer to his prayer and thus began the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Think about how simple his act of faith was and the outcome that came forth from it. It is wonderful and astounding!! :) I know that this Gospel is true with all my heart :) I know that we can see great things happen from us acting on our faith. The faith of a mustard seed can move mountains :) And I know that this is true with all of my heart :) and I say all of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen :)

-I love you all!! :)

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment