Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Miracles Really Do Happen :)

Hola everyone! This week was AMAZING! :) I hope yours was too! :)

  
 Here are the highlights!

The Sisters :)  

 >TRANSFER CALLS- So I am leaving Payson!! Oh my goodness! I have been here 4 1/2 months! Time has flown and I have made so many memories here that it is so hard to leave! I LOVE PAYSON, UTAH! Seriously it is the best :) and I don't know where I am going yet! It's a mystery until transfer meeting tomorrow! eek! so I have NO idea where I am going lol So they changed the system to where you don't know where you are going or who you are with until transfer meeting on Wednesday morning! So I will give you an update next week on where I am at and who my awesome new compañera is! :)

Graffiti Mansion!

>Ok so yesterday we had a cool district activity! We went down to Santaquin to go see the graffiti mansion! The picture explain this, but we hike up to this really old and huge building that everyone comes and graffitis. IT WAS SO NEAT! We didn't graffiti it but it was cool to see the remains of this large building that everyone comes and uses as a canvas for art. Super neat, right? :)



>Oh my goodness! Guess who I saw in Payson on Friday??? Bishop and Christine Hurst! Oh my goodness I was so excited!!! I LOVE them and seriously this was a tender mercy from the Lord that I got to see them on my mission :)

Bishop and Christine Hurst!

>We found so many new investigators this week! :) One lesson the woman didn't know how to pray and so we taught her and we prayed, she started to bawl. We testified to her that Heavenly Father loves her and He aways answers our prayers. It was so spiritual!

Concepcion! :)

>An appt of ours got cancelled late Saturday night, so we went to the Navas, a referral where no one has been home each time we have gone, and...........we had the BEST LESSON EVER!! Omg :) so main points : they are non members and so we ask about their experience with the church and he says that he has read a little of the Book of Mormon in the past and felt happy and warm when he reads it! They also had an amazing experience with prayer when he was deported for two years, and he brought his Book of Mormon with him, and they prayed and he got to come back! Also, when we invited them to be baptized they thought about it for forever and looked at each other and we were really pondering it! Then they said they don't know yet but they want to keep learning. :) we asked them how they felt and she said that her mom went to a bishop and he put his hands on her head, and we said oh like a blessing?, and she said yeah and she said that after her mom said she felt a feeling go from her toes to her head and she felt like everything was going to be ok :) wow! So because of that she feels she is doing the right thing by learning these things. THEN afterwards, because he lost his Book of Mormon, he wanted us to go get another one for him! :) SO AMAZING!! We were so excited this was a miracle because we have been praying for people who are ready and they are golden!!!!! Yay!

 BriAnne y Pablo :)

>I have a strong testimony of the power of prayer and a testimony of receiving real answers to our prayers. Just like our prayers were answered this week, you can receive answers to your own prayers because I know that our Heavenly Father hears me and you because He loves us. There is no doubt in my mind. I can feel the Spirit when I think about how much love He and Jesus Christ have for me. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He overcame every affliction, pain, sickness, sorrow, sin, and trial that we would ever have in our lives. I know that through Him and his atoning sacrifice, we can overcome anything. He gives me hope and the strength to move forward each day. He is my light and I feel so blessed to share that light with others. It is amazing the miracles you see when you are following in the footsteps of the Savior. I know that as we try to follow Him with all of our heart, mind and strength, He will lift us and mold us into the being that our Heavenly Father designed us to become. I know that this true with all my heart and I say all of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Hermana Suarez :)

I love you all!

La Familia Martinez!

Have a wonderful week!


Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment