Monday, May 19, 2014

Serve with Your Mind, Feet, and HEART!

Hola!
So an AMAZING thing that happened was that Eva, our new convert who was baptized last month, came with us to the Provo temple to do baptisms for the dead!! The neatest part was that before we helped her put in the information for her parents and someone got baptized and confirmed for her dad and she got to be baptized and confirmed for her mom!!!! She said she felt so so special there in the temple and that when she was being confirmed for her mom she said she could feel her right there!!! She was so so so happy!!! And so was I! :) I love Eva! She is so so neat and special. She is going back this week with one of her friends from the ward to do baptisms again! Yay!! :) it was such a special and spiritual experience :) 
Eva! :)

Now, I don't believe I can top a story like that but :) another neat thing that happened this past week was that we had a missionary conference for all the Spanish missionaries in the mission. We had the treat of having Elder Don R. Clark, from the first quorum of the 70, to come and teach us. It was really neat. I learned a lot of things that are going to help me work better with the lovely Latinos that I get to work with everyday!!! (lucky me!!!) Seriously I want to be Latina jaja :) Which, btw, Hermana Gutierrez said that I was Mexican!! Haha :) 

All of the comps Hermana Despain has had who are still on their missions!

But anyways lol, One thing I really liked, was that he said that we need 3 things to really serve with all our strength. We need our mind, our feet, and most importantly our heart. I really like that. He said that we can do a lot of wasting time with just serving with our feet. Or we can do well with serving with our mind and our feet. But the element of serving with all three is where the magic and pure service comes from; our heart being the biggest part. I know that serving in this manner really does help me to be a better servant of my Savior Jesus Christ. I am here to serve Him, so why not give all I got?? :) It is the same for us in our day to day actions, even if you don't have a badge on your chest. Serve with your mind, feet and most importantly with your heart and you will feel the spirit and feel that you are making a difference in someone else's life for the better :)
I love you all. I am doing great, just serving hard and LOVING Saratoga Springs and my awesome comp! :) 

Have a lovely day and go out and serve!!!

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment