Tuesday, May 27, 2014

You Cannot Fall With Christ!

So this just happened two minutes ago lol A little girl just said to her mom, "I just saw missionary!!" The whole library heard lol so cute! :)
 
Swinging Around :)

It started out at the Human Curiosity Museum at Thanksgiving Point :) It was so much fun! I have a couple pics from it attached on the message :) it was really fun :)
Little door!
Bear!

So sad note!!!! Hermana Despain, my AMAZING compy is going home this week!!!! noooooooooo! lol I love her so so much! She should just extend her mission so we can be comps for forever! lol :) I am going to miss her but I am SO excited for the next chapter in her life :)


Librado, our investigator is getting so close and ready for his baptism coming up! :) I am so pumped for him :) He is just SO willing to accept the gospel into his life. He is amazing!

We had a lesson with Eva this past week and she said she had a lovely time going to the Jordan River Temple with hermana Wheeler :) I love it! She is so enriched in the gospel! She even told us that earlier that day at work she had a strong impression to come home and read the book of mormon! :) So awesome! She is so in-tune with the spirit and she followings the promptings she receives :) I just love her! :) What a great example she is to me and to the rest of us. Each time she bears her testimony the spirit is so strong. She always mentions that she used to feel an emptiness but now she feels filled and happy now. :) How great is that? :)
Skylee and me :)
 
On church on Sunday, we had the stake high councilmen come and speak to us in our ward. One of the speakers was speaking about Machu Picchu and how in the ruins they are built so perfectly to withstand the earthquakes and the heavy rainstorms there. The rocks were shaped and cut so perfectly and stacked so tightly that not even a blade of grass could fit between them. The pillars were built in this manner to withstand the climate that they knew was going to be a potential danger. They planned and built accordingly and because they did so, the ruins are still intact today. This draws a perfect parallel to our day. We need to built strongly in the gospel so that we will be able to withstand the storms and whirlwinds that satan throws at us in our day. The way we do this is relying more on Jesus Christ and following his gospel. We need to have faith, to repent, to be baptized and partake of the sacrament every week, and keep doing those things again and again. That way we are building that strong foundation in Christ and building up from there in a manner that we will not fall. I love the scripture Helaman 5:12:

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

It is one of my favorites. I know that it is true. With Christ as our foundation we cannot fall. I know that He is my Savior and that He loves me and all of you. Trust in Him! and build your foundation in Him and you cannot fail. We will be strong like unto the ruins of Maccu Picchu- woven tight that nothing can make us fall. I know that this is true with all my heart! :)
 

I love you all! have a lovely week! :)

love, hermana derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment