Monday, May 5, 2014

Miracles All Around

Hey everyone I hope you had an amazing week like I did! I saw so many neat things happen this week!!! :) I don't know where to start! 

So! Amazing item number 1! A lovely family in our ward talked to their neighbor who lives in their basement about the gospel to see if he would like to learn more! So we got to teach him! His name is Emilio and he is super ready to accept the gospel! He also came to church yesterday! :) And he really liked it! :)

#2 Hermano Gutierrez, who was baptized in March, got to bless the sacrament yesterday! It was so cool! I love seeing people come into the church and just grow and thrive in the gospel! :) Miracles! 

#3 We got to go to the temple on Tuesday :) So fun! I LOVE the temple-such a special and spiritual place :)

#4 We had four amazing investigators come to church yesterday! So neat :) The ward just welcomes them in!

Amazing item number five! Librado our investigator wants to get baptized this month!! He told us yesterday at church that he understands why it is so important to get baptized so he wants to do it! :) So amazing right??? We are SO pumped for him!! :) We have a lesson with him tonight and it is going to be great! :)

Plus we had 10 lessons this past week and 9 of those lessons we had a member/fellowshipper with us!!! :) I love our ward!!! They are amazing!

And some fun things on the side :) On Monday we did crafts with a recent convert, Amber, and her family :) see pic below :) Also, we got taken out to Texas Roadhouse!!! It was Hna Despains first time! :) Yum!! :) And I got to hug a minion haha. 

Best week ever! :)

I just want to share my testimony that I know that the church and the gospel are true. If they weren't I wouldn't be seeing all these amazing miracles happen around me. I know that Christ lives and that He leads and guides me :) I know that Heavenly Father prepares His children to hear of the gospel and to accept it. I know that He also prepares us as we go out and teach. He helps prepare the missionaries and He definitely prepares the members when they come out with us! I saw this time and time again this week when a member came out with us and they somehow in someway had a connection with the person we went to go teach. It was wonderful to see! It really strengthened my testimony to know that this is the Lord's work and that if we just try our best to do our part we can see miracles all around us. I know that if you all make an effort to either go out with the missionaries, talk to your friends around you or online, or serve someone you may not know that you WILL see the Lord work through you. He will help you in missionary work, it wouldn't make sense if He didn't ;) lol 

You all are amazing and I love you so much!

Have a great week!!! :) Don't forget to serve!! :)

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment