Monday, April 28, 2014

It is True!

It was my birthday was last pday so it was super fun! :) I had 3 birthday cakes lol and the Rades family (our old landlords) paid for us to get a mani pedi. How sweet and nice was that??! It was so much fun :) Birthdays on the mish are the bomb :) Thank you all for the birthday wishes! :) 

So we have started teaching Librado and some of his roommates this past week and he is amazing! He is so humble and willing to learn and believe. It is so amazing! :) He lives on the mink farms and he is living with 8 other guys who sometimes listen in on the lesson. He came to church yesterday and it was fantastic! :) I am so excited for the upcoming weeks!

So Hermana Huebsch, who made me one of my cakes AND my favorite, platanos tentaciones :) had her son's lego party that we helped her with. She is so creative and fun! :) There are pics below of the party lol :) She had signed up for dinner for us the day of the party so we got to see the festivities. The big lego box is a pinata that we helped her make :) so fun! ;) 

Our district was chosen with 2 others in our mission to be trained on how to train members how to use social media :) It is awesome! So we are going to teaching them during the afternoons when we don't have appts :) I am super pumped!!! :) It is put on by the More Good Foundation :)

Something funny that happened on Friday, we were driving by this kool aid stand and we had a second and we were thirsty so we got a drink lol There was a kid walking up and Hna Despain had an extra 50 cents so she paid for him. He was like, "no no thank you, but you don't need to pay for me, I won't get any" but we said that we had already paid for him but he insisted on not letting us pay lol he said "I know Jesus would want you to but no thanks" But FINALLY he accepted lol but as we were driving away, his mom stopped us and said "I am not letting the missionaries pay for my son" and gave us 50 cents lol. man. we tried. haha

I hope you all have a lovely week :) I just want you to know that this gospel is true. I know that Christ's true church in on the earth today. I know because I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know it every time I say the first vision. :) It is so powerful! I know it also because I have prayed and I just know that it is true because the Spirit witnessed it to me :)

I love you all, keep being member missionaries! :) Just open your mouth and it will be filled! :) 

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment