Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter!

I am so excited that today is my birthday!! Happy day! ;) Thank you for all of your love :) it really means a lot out here!
This week was pretty fun :) I hope you all saw the #BecauseofHim campaign on social media :) I hope you all got to take part in it or at least see the amazing video about the possibilities that come because of the life, death and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ :) It was really fun to see the message spread everywhere! :)
Last night at dinner Hermana Despain and I met the actor off of the RM, Singles Ward, and Home Teachers lol it was Michael Birkeland! He is married to the sister of one of the members in our Spanish ward. It was so neat!
They had to put the cat in the laundry room or it would have sat in the basket lol

So yesterday was amazing because it was Easter! I love Easter!! :) The Easter bunny came lol :) I remember that 14 years ago on Easter weekend I was baptized :) My birthday was on Good Friday and I was baptized the next day and then on Easter I was welcomed in as the newest member of the church. It was such a special weekend for me :) I hope you all can remember how special your baptisms were to you! :)
The last pieces of the platanos fritos that I made :) Yum!

But the Easter holiday was really fun. The night before Eva and her husband Juan and us went to the musical production "The Lamb of God" It was so so amazing! It was a beautiful rendition of the life of our Savior! :) It was put on by a mixture of the churches in the valley. I felt so lucky to be able to be there with Eva and to feel the Spirit so so strongly! :) It really helped me turn my thoughts on the holiday of Easter more towards Christ and His life.

I just want to let you all know that I know that this gospel is true :) I know that the Spirit really does guide us if we let it. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ really did die for us and that He lives again :)
I love you all! Have a great week! :)

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment