Monday, April 7, 2014

For My Yoke is Easy, and My Burden is Light

This week was fantastic! :) 
I hope you all enjoyed conference!! :) It was amazing and so spiritual for me :)

First Time! :)



Eva is still on for her baptism this Saturday! :) We are SO PUMPED for her :) Even her husband and maybe her kids are coming to watch! Yay! She is so so awesome and special to me and Hermana Despain. She is so willing to learn and she is so sensitive to the Spirit :) We are so excited for her to start this amazing journey!

Salt Lake Temple from Afar :)

We have a new temple policy! Which is bitter sweet. We only get to go 1 a quarter instead of 2 times every month lol talk about a cut back! But, if a recent convert is going to do baptisms or if a less active is going to the temple for their endowments then we can go with them! And not just to our temples in the valley, we can go to any temples in the Salt Lake Valley, ours, or Manti. Isn't that neat?? :) It is super fun! :)


So because our car got hit about a month ago, we are driving a TRUCK! This week until this Friday lol :) It is pretty fun! :)


Then of course GENERAL CONFERENCE! :) How could I miss that :) As some of you may have seen, I was able to go to the Saturday morning session of Conference! :) It was my first time ever and it was so so cool! :) we were really close too! I was, if you are looking at the podium, on the very left side in the front! :) We went up with our mission president and rode back on the Frontrunner! :) Hermana Garces, who was with me in the MTC was there with me! :) What did you all like from conference??? :)

 Hermana Garces y Yo :)

The Prophet!! :)

I LOVED so so many! I forgot my notes at home...but I loved Elder Bednar's talk about how it is necessary for us to carry a heavy load so that we won't get stuck in the snow or in life. BUT we don't have to carry that heavy load on our own. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29. :) Rely on Christ and He will make your burdens lighter or make you stronger to bear them. I also really liked the talk on understanding one another and who is right does not matter. We need to communicate love and respect to one another. I also loved President Utchdorf's talk on gratitude! :) I am learning more and more that I need to be grateful for everything in my life and especially now on my mission. What a wonderful blessing we have to be a part of the Lord's church and to be led by Him! :) I am so thankful for my trials and my "heavy load" that I carry that make me so so much stronger everyday!! :) I know that this gospel is true! :) There is no doubt in my mind :)

Pretty View inside the Conference Center!

Sister Tjong-Ayong and I riding the FrontRunner!! :)

I love you all so so much! :) have a great day!
Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment