Monday, July 28, 2014

You are Successful!

Hey! This past week was pretty fun :) It was slow work wise because it was a holiday here. Pioneer day and all :) This next Saturday, our zone is going to be walking in the Santaquin parade lol It should be pretty fun. It is a pretty small one because Santaquin isn't that big, but nonetheless it should be fun :) 

Hermana Baker and I biking!!!

I got to go on exchanges with my old compy Hermana Baker!!! And better yet we were back in Payson! lol Flashback crazyness! For some of you who may not remember, we were comps back in Payson almost around the same time last year :) We got to eat with the Mullens! It was a surprise! :) I love that family!! :) Plus during the day, we got to go biking! Man I felt like a real missionary! haha jk jk :) But I do say, while riding a bike, I can rock a skirt pretty well! haha :) We also got to meet our little beaver friend, it was really creepy but really funny! 
Beaver buddies!


On Pioneer day we got to go out to a huge corn field and pulled weeds! We got a lot done, it was pretty fun, even though we all got some lovely blisters. I can't shake anyones hand with my right hand bc mine is right on my thumb joint! not fun! lol So I am going to have a fish hand shake for a little while lol 
Hot dog!

So we need to find more people to teach...like always. But right now our teaching pool is a little low.. So we are going to be doing that all week non stop! lol
Mr. Beaver!

We had president interviews this past week! I love our President! He said that we need to take his son out with us because he speaks spanish lol We are really nervous to do so but we are going to give it a shot! haha He also mentioned that the change he has seen in me from the start of my mission has been inspiring. I loved hearing that. I know that I am changing because I am becoming closer to my Savior Jesus Christ :)

I know that this gospel is true! We had a meeting yesterday with all the ward mission leaders from the stake and they were really discouraged and didn't feel successful in their callings. My comp and I testified to them that it is not the number of lessons or baptisms there are, it is about your dedication to the Lord and to the work. The Lord knows are hearts. People have their agency to accept the gospel. We have the responsibility to share that and invite them to learn more and we need to live our lives in such a way that they will see the light of Christ in us and want to follow Christ's example. I know that this is true with my whole heart :) 

I love you all, I hope you have a fabulous week! :)
Look how much my hair has grown! I think biotin is working!! lol
................
Just kidding... lol :) (Hermana Baker was standing behind me haha!)


Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment