Monday, October 13, 2014

Building the Kingdom of God

How is everyone doing? :) I hope super well!

So Spanish Fork is amazing! I have an amazing companion :) We are trying to build the area. So it has been slow but we are going to put our efforts into full force this week to find new investigators!!
Hermana Gonzalez!

This past week we had the chance to watch "Meet the Mormons". Seriously it is amazing! And that is not because I am biased because I am Mormon or because it has been one of the few movies I have watched in a long while lol It is REALLY really good! Please take the time to go see it!! :) And tell me what you liked!

So we have been teaching the familia Lopez :) They are a less active/rc family :) The lessons have been amazing! We are helping one of the boys to gain his own testimony. and it has been really fun to help him with that!
Turtles! With Hna Willis :)

We have had some really fun times with creepy halloween things lol Creepy guys with masks staring at us across the street and Santa Muertes as well. It has been really interesting! haha :) We have been really safe though, no worries!!

So this past week we had ZTM (zone training meeting) and we talked a lot about BUILDING THE KINGDOM OF GOD instead of baptizing the world. There is a big difference. One is just numbers and seeing baptism as the ultimate goal. However, that is NOT the case! We are building God's kingdom! We are here to help others make it to the temple and stay there! :) It is strengthening the whole ward to do missionary work and reach out to their brothers and sisters. It is helping them show love and care for others. and so much more. I really love this focus. I know that as I have focused on the bigger goal of the temple that I have seen miracles in people's lives. I know as you all help your missionaries in your area to help build the kingdom, that is the greatest thing you can help them with and the greatest thing you can do in your own life in hastening the work of salvation :)

I love you all! Have a fabulous week! :)

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment