Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Yo Soy Dios" :) Jaja


The Beautiful Provo Temple!


Our pretty door :)

"What-e'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part" :)

Hola everyone!! I hope everyone's week has been awesome!!

FIRST OF ALL, I want to give a BIG shout out to my best friend in the entire world, Christen...SHE IS ENGAGED YA'LL! :) Oh my goodness! I am SO excited for her! Christen! You better be photoshopping me into your wedding pics for sure! haha :) I love you!

Second of all, my week has been splendid! :) Hermana Sablan and I have 2 new investigators, Belgica and Jime! They are so neat! And it has been fun to teach them in Spanish. Our three lessons with them this past week have been great! We have taught 10 lessons so far in Spanish :) Crazy, huh?? Plus! We are barely using notes anymore! We have been trying to just follow the spirit to teach to their needs and the Spanish words come just when we need them to! :) It's crazy how much we are learning in el CCM! :) This past week I have memorized the 1st vision, baptism commitment, and teaching someone how to pray in espanol! :) Sweetness! I owe all of this to the Lord, He certainly helps out his servants accomplish all that He has asked them to do! :)

In el CCm, we have the blessed opportunity of teaching real people (I say this because our investigators, mentioned above, are actually our teachers acting out an investigator) lol and helping them in their lives! All kinds of people come just to be taught by the missionaries. WE taught a couple about faith and how we all need to strengthen our faith and hope in our Savior Jesus Christ! It was a super neat experience! :)

Last thing! Yesterday, (Sunday, which is the best day next to P-day) was super awesome! The sisters were taught in the Relief Society that we should NEVER be discouraged as missionaries because whatever our efforts produce, we will ALWAYS be planting seeds in others' hearts! Whether we are the ones planting or gathering in the produce, we are ALL essential in the Lord's work! And last night in the devotional, I learned that what we do or say as missionaries is definitely not the most essential part in helping others come unto Christ. The most important part is that the spirit needs to be there to touch the hearts of our investigators to allow them to feel the truth of our words and the love that Heavenly Father has for them!
:) I am going to start a line of the week, bc something funny is ALWAYS happening!

(Bearing our testimonies during our lesson with Jaime)
-Hna. Sablan: "Yo soy Dios..."
-Me: (While trying not to giggle..but failing lol) "Yo se que Dios??"
-Hermana Sablan: "Oh yeah oh yeah...Yo se que Dios..."
Hahaha oh yeah my companion is God, and I am lucky enough to be her comp. lol :)

Love you all!!
Love, Hermana Derges

No comments:

Post a Comment