Monday, September 22, 2014

Lay it Down for Him

Hey! :) How are you all? I bet you all had a fantastic week! 
This week was really fun! On Tuesday we were able to go up to Mt Timpanogos temple for one of Hermana Santos recent converts :) There were a lot of sisters there! :) It was so nice to see so many familiar faces! It was a gorgeous day too :)
Yesterday was the rededication of the Ogden temple! We were able to watch it from our stake center here in Santaquin :) It was so amazing! That temple is gorgeous! The Spirit was so strong! :)
So on Friday we fold a puncture wound in our tire....it was a bolt!!?!?!? what lol? Anywhoo I just have bad luck with cars...lol

We have an amazing investigator named Juan :) He really is interested! We had a really good lesson with him on Saturday :) We are going to teach him all he can before he goes back to Mexico for a couple months. 
Well that is pretty much it lol It was an eventful week, but short. Something that I was studying about this week was about obedience. I really wanted to be exactly obedient in all that I do. It is really hard but I know there are blessings even miracles that come from being exactly obedient. Something that I read said that when we are obedient we receive protection from the dangers of the adversary. It is really a safety barrier between us and him. I know that when I am obedient to even the smallest things, I feel a difference and I am happier for sure. I came across this quote by President Benson that says: 

"When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power"

I found this quote astonishing because it is so true! I know we become more and more converted to the Gospel when we are being obedient. The commandments turn into blessings and not burdens upon our backs. That is when we truly show our love to Heavenly Father. When we serve faithfully and cheerfully, letting Him guide us and holding nothing back. Last night we were able to attend a musical production and one of the songs said something I am rather fond of. It said 

"He will ask what is the hardest thing to give, He will ask for you to lay it down for Him. Lay it down, lay it down for Him and you will find your life again" 

Those lyrics really hit me and inspire me to want to lay down my wants and my cares and my desires to Him. This is really really hard. But I know, that we will find our true selves when we don't hold anything back from serving with our whole hearts for Him, our Beloved Savior Jesus Christ. And I leave these thoughts with you, until next week, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen :)
I love you all! Stay lovely and sweet :)
Love, Hermana Derges

No comments:

Post a Comment