Monday, September 29, 2014

and the Verdict is............

I am getting transferred to a biking area!!!!! EEK! We got a call from President McCune this morning and found out that I will going to a new area and my lovely companion is training! I am SO excited for her even if she is not the mooooost excited about it lol :) But she will love it! :)
So yes...I need to pack up my 15 months of things and stuff them into three little suitcases and wait until Wednesday to find out who my new companion is....fun! :) haha And sadly say goodbye to so many people I have come to love so dearly here :) Santaquin has been a lot of fun :)

This past week was pretty great, nothing too exciting or special. Just a good week :) 

We had great lessons with Angelica this past week, but sadly she didn't come to church and neither did Juan! :( Sad day!!! But what was really neat was that she believes that the Book of Mormon is true! I just don't know what is really keeping her from moving forward...But I love her and she will keep reading progressing and one day she will get baptized! I am sure of it :)

Then the Women's meeting was fantastic! :) Sadly though, my mind resorted back to the Midwest and I thought that the meeting started at 7pm....which is does for most of you. BUT here in Utah it starts at 6....so needless to say we showed up a little late lol But I did get to see the amazing talk given by President Utchdorf! :) EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I know that what was said was true! I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and is raining down blessings upon our heads, just like the weather here the past few days, and we just need to make sure our umbrellas are closed shut so that those blessings can reach us! :)
Our Investigator Erick!

I love you all! I hope you have a lovely week and enjoy watching conference! My mission president said something neat that I want to share with all of you. He said in our zone conference that every General Conference he takes just 2 things and works on them for the next 6 months. We all thought, wow just TWO things??? Aren't there so many things we could improve? Especially after hearing the prophets speak? But he said something that makes a whole lot of sense. Think about it. If you live to 80 years old. You have about 144 general conferences if you start listening at 8 years old. If you just apply 2 principles and work on them really really hard, over a lifetime, you will have developed and grown 288 times. That is pretty amazing. So let's go into this conference and take 2 things that we will work on and develop really really well over the next 6 months. I promise that we will change and become better! :) 

I love you all! :)
Have a great week :)
Love, Hermana Derges

No comments:

Post a Comment