Monday, June 30, 2014

Blessings

Hi everyone! :)

I hope you all have fun plans for the 4th of July! Our neighbors out here are already shooting off fireworks! Haha :)

So this past week was really really great! :)

It started off really fun! Hna Abellan and I went to the curiosity museum :) We had a blast! We have fun pics too :)


Then we went on exchanges with our sister training leaders :) I went with Hermana Smith, she is from Oklahoma! :) Small world! :) It was really fun serving with her for a day!

So my year mark was this past Thursday! And it was the BEST! Hermana Abellan was sooooo sweet and planned a surprise party at the Alfaro's home :) we got their for our last lesson with Emilio and we knocked on the door and they started singing! haha :) It was so amazing and thoughtful! :) My compy is the best! :)

We have been teaching a great family :) Artemia and her two sons Javier and Marco. :) We went on a church tour with Artemia this past week and she wants to be baptized. She knows that is it the right thing and she feels it is right :) The spirit was so so strong! She just a couple of obstacles to overcome, but we feel a miracle is going to happen to help her reach her goal :) I am so so pumped for her!!! :)

Emilio!

Then on Saturday was Emilio's baptism!!! :) It was so amazing! :) Hermana Abellan and I played another musical number :) I also was leading the music and a little girl came up and started leading with me :) She was so animated!!! haha :) I liked having my little partner up there! :) Emilio was so ready and we are so excited for what blessings he will see in his life! While they were changing after the baptism, we passed around note cards for everyone to write a little note with their testimony on it for Emilio. We made into a little book for him and he loved it! :) The baptism was such an amazing amazing highlight from this week! Eva, our recent convert from April, also loves going to the baptisms :) and plus she always shares her testimony with them! She is the best! :)
Go Pokes!

I know that this gospel is true and that we can always become better because we have the Atonement of Jesus Christ is our lives :) what an amazing blessing that is! :) I know that He lives and loves us and understands our hearts. He and Heavenly Father want the best for us :) This is a gospel of happiness and peace and love and comfort. Heavenly Father is a loving god, who will always bless us. Our blessings may come in different forms, but they always come. :)

I love you all :) Thank you for all of your love and support out here!!

With love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment