Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Spirit of Christ

 Post from December 16, 2013

This week was great!
The Beautiful View Over the Valley!


>Sledding on last P-Day :) We went up to the mountains in Salem and it was a blast!!! The pics are really neat, our whole zone was there. We would have a blast going down the hill but it was a looooonng way back up! haha :)


Sister Glancy and Sister Reynolds and Hermana Lutz y Yo :)

>On Friday I met the younger brother of John H Groberg at a Christmas party! It was funny how I found out but I heard his last name was Groberg and I said "I am sure you get this question a lot, but are you related to John H Groberg? Haha He kinda chuckled and said yep that is my older brother! Small mormon world. I love it here in Utah lol :)

>Our LOVELY landlords, The Morleys, cut us down a whole tree from the mountains and brought it up for us! :) we have a beautiful christmas tree!!! :)


Our Grateful/Miracle Tree! :)

>Also, Hermana Lutz and I are doing a "Grateful Tree" That each day we each put up a leaf with something that we are grateful for :) It is growing very beautifully :)

>So, on facebook, I found our amazing amazing previous investigator that moved away to New York a couple of months ago! The best part is that we started talking and I asked if he has been reading the Book of Mormon still and guess what!!! He has and he loves it! I had to go, but I am going to talk
to him and see if I can teach him and then send missionaries to him soon! YAY!!! I am so so pumped for this!!! :)

 Sister Reynolds and I are matching! :)

>We started teaching the mom of one of the elders in my district. She lives in Puerto Rico! We got to skype and teach her!! I was so so cool!! :) She is the sweetest lady ever! :) We taught her part of lesson one and we are soon going to teach her more :) I love my mission!! :) I was so neat how you can feel the Spirit be in a lesson even over facebook and skype! :) Feeling the Spirit is the best feeling in the world!!

>Last thing! This week we brought the most amazing fellowshipper to our lesson with Erin! She has been through the same things that are combating Erin right now. She just recently quit smoking and she was testifying to her that she can stop with Heavenly Father's help. She was saying as well, that she actually had to go to jail for a week or so because of an unpaid ticket and she could have chosen to pay bail and not go but she felt like she needed to be there. So what she did was be a missionary in prison!!! She read the Book of Mormon everyday and shared her testimony with her cellmates. She went to church and invited others with her. Her parents said that when they went to go see her there she was just glowing with the Spirit. Many of the ladies got in touch with her after and said that she helped them get through that hard time in their lives. She was helping lift others up instead of looking at the negatives of the situation. She looked to serve and to share the Gospel with others. We can ALL do that everyday! We are the Lord's helpers in this great work. I can testify and say that this work is not complete without the members' help. Barely anything would get done. Missionaries everywhere need your help! :) This is "a marvelous work and a wonder" for sure :) I love sharing the gospel and lifting others up. The easiest way to be a member missionary is to be a good neighbor. It is so so simple! I know that prayer is powerful and if we ask our Heavenly Father for us to find someone, He through the Spirit will help us know what to say :) And I know if we all strive to do this a little better, especially during this Christmas season, that we will see miracles happen all around us :)

My Awesome Friend Lee :)

I love you all!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Feliz Navidad!! :)

Love, Hermana Derges

President Thomas S. Monson
"Our celebration of Christmas should be a reflection of the love and selflessness taught by the Savior. Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. We feel more kindly one to another. We reach out in love to help those less fortunate. Our hearts are softened. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things. To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the Spirit of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment