Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gobble Gobble

Post from December 2, 2013

How was everyone's Thanksgiving??? :) Did you all eat a bunch? :)

Well, I sure hope so because I did! Haha :) I really hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and you enjoyed the holiday :) and maybe some of you enjoyed black friday as well :)

This week really was a blast :) here are the highlights:

>On Monday we got to go to Provo and go bowling!!! :) As you will shortly see in the pics attached...how awesome I am at bowling!....haha.. just kidding! I kinda got the lowest score.. :) BUT it was still fun...but I probably should've put on the bumpers :) haha


>On Saturday, We had dinner with the Proctor family and apparently, the husband, Norman Proctor, made the podium for the Conference Center!!! :) He was showing us pictures of him and the Prophet Gordon B Hinckley! :) So neat! He also got out a little wooden beehive that is the same design of the ones on the podium :)

Our Sisters :)

>So hey BIG highlight! Thanksgiving!!! That morning we got to play turkey bowl, zone vs zone! :) It was freeeeeezzzzzzziiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg! brrrrr! But it was a blast!!! :) We took some fun pics with the sisters and we look like true warriors! :) but hey! you'll never guess what happened! I caught a sweet pass and an interception!!! ooooo yeah! :) I was very surprised at my random catching skills that when I actually caught the ball, I didn't know what to do! Haha but I did run it and I am just glad it was to the correct goal! haha :)


The Utah Lake Zone Sisters! :)

>Later in the day, we got to eat with two families :) The Christiansen's and the Toone's. :) It was super nice of them to have us over :) It was so fun and it felt like I was at home because they just had so much love for us! ;) After dinner, we got to make gingerbread houses! :) You can see from the pics that we had a whole candy store to help us decorate lol :) It was so fun!

My Cute Gingerbread House :)

>We taught a lot of new people who want to learn! It was such a blessing to see this happen this past week :) We are so excited to get the ball rolling and help them see how wonderful this Gospel is and how special and powerful the Atonement of Jesus Christ is. :) Being a missionary rocks! :) We get to just teach about our Savior Jesus Christ everyday! :)

>One of our new investigators is the sweetest thing ever! But she always makes fun of my spanish!! haha :) I find myself saying "si" (yes) ALL of the time when I am listening to spanish speakers lol...especially when I don't understand all of the time haha :) But anywho, the cool part is that she said that she finds the mormon church to be "mas real" than the catholic church!! and we haven't even taught her the Restoration yet! :) Awesome, right?? :) We are super excited for her and we can't wait to teach her more :)

Amber and her family and us, too! :)

>Last thing! So on Saturday we got to go to Provo because I had a baptism in my last area!! :) Her name is Amber and she is 8. She is so stinkin sweet and funny :) Hermana Cordova and I taught her and also her less active parents. Well... :) Now her whole family is reactivated and her dad got to baptize her!! :) It was so fun and neat to see this happen!!! :) This family was really a joy to teach and it was such blessing to see this great day come! :)

Good week, right? :) I loved it! I know that this Gospel is true, without a doubt! :) I know that our Savior lives and loves us. He is always there for us no matter what! :) He is always reaching out to us and all we need to do is reach back to Him and follow Him :)

Well my lovely family and friends :) I hope you all have a wonderful week :) I love you all so so much!! :)

Love, Hermana Derges :)

No comments:

Post a Comment